Hey there! Wanna listen up some music or watch a movie? I remember the times when Microsoft Windows Media Player was in a great popularity among other players in the market. After a few recent updates from Microsoft, people are facing issues with the media player. In this comprehensive guide, I will show you how to Get Help With Windows Media Player In Windows 10.
There are times when we use Microsoft Windows Media Player for all our day to day audio and video stream. But what if you are presented with errors in Windows Media Player? I will cover some of the common issues and errors in Windows Media Player in this article.
Personally, I like this player and feel very comfortable using it, rather than the other ones like VLC media player, Pot Player, KM Player, etc. And I am sure many users feels the same.
Why is Windows Media Player our all-time favorite media player? Why do we all like it so much? What are the facts behind its popularity?
Let’s discuss and explore the updated version of Windows 10 Windows Media Player.
One of the most prominent characteristics of Window Media Player is its accessibility and understandability. It is neither complicated nor so difficult to understand it’s working. It is a user-friendly app.
Get Help With Windows Media Player In Windows 10
Also Read: Get Help With Notepad In Windows 10 Like A Pro!
This media player for Windows 10 is developed by Microsoft which allows you to play audio and video files. You can download Windows Media Player for Windows 10 from the Microsoft website.
By the way, this app comes pre-installed with your Windows 10 operating system. So you don’t need to install Windows Media Player explicitly.
Windows Media Player 12 is the best-suited version for Windows 10. If you are using an older version of Windows Video Player you should update Windows media player to avoid any errors. Get windows media player 12 free download from the Microsoft official website.
There is not enough to add to the introduction of Microsoft Media Player. But you should know what file types are supported by this app. I will list down all the supported file types so you know if you what to look for if a media is not playing on Windows Player.
File Types Supported By Windows Media Player
You may be already knowing that you can open mp3 files, wav files and file extension mp4 using this audio video player. But there are more file types of which you may be unaware of.
- QuickTime Movie file (.mov)
- MP4 Video file (.mp4, .m4v, .mp4v, .3g2, .3gp2, .3gp, .3gpp)
- MP4 Audio file (.m4a)
- Moving Pictures Experts Group (.mpg, .mpeg, .m1v, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .mpe, .m3u)
- MPEG-2 TS Video file (.m2ts)
- CD Audio Track (.cda)
- Audio for Windows (.wav)
- Microsoft Digital Video Recording (.dvr-ms)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (.flac)
- Windows Media Player Skins (.wmz, .wms)
- Windows audio file (.aac, .adt, .adts)
How To Install/Activate/Download Windows 10 Media Player?
Get help with Windows Media Player In Windows 10 by following the instructions given below. You will learn how you can install Windows media player and use it to play as your favorite music and video player. If you are stuck somewhere please do not hesitate to ask your questions in the comment section of this page.
Let’s get started!
- Right click on the Windows icon on the bottom left of your screen.
- Click on the “Settings”.
- Now click on the “Apps” option.
- Apps and Features screen will appear, now click “Manage optional features” option.
- You will see there “Add a feature” button, click on that.
- Scroll down until you see “Windows Media Player”. And click on the Install Button beneath it.
- Once the installation process in Windows media player settings gets completed, Go back to the “Manage optional feature” screen.
- Window Media Player will now appear on your screen with an installation progress update. Wait for the process to finish.
- To launch just search for it in Cortana or see the recently added programs in the start menu.
This is all about Windows media player settings in windows 10!
In any case, Windows 10 Media Player not working or you want to re-download it, You can get it from the official website of Microsoft Windows 10 or just click on windows media player download.
Windows Media Player Skins
Windows Media Player is one of the most used media players in the world. While there are other better Media players with better support for audio and video formats, but none of them sport a user interface as good as Windows Media Player does.
But you definitely need to get WMP with a new look. The reason behind this, if you are using this software for quite a long time, then it is highly possible that you may get bored. So It’s time to change the old skin of Windows Media Player.
Windows Media Player provides a programming platform to create custom skins. From now, No need to use that default Windows Media Player skin.
New WMP Skins are sets of scripts, art, media, and text files that can be combined to create a new appearance for Windows Media Player in Windows 10. Using these latest skins, you can change not only the way Windows Media Player looks but it functions too.
Follow quick steps given below to get the latest skin feature on Windows Media Player in Windows 10.
Setup Latest Windows Media Player Skins
- First of all, Click on the Start button and type Windows Media Player
- Click on Go to Library. This will get you to the library mode
- You will see the Organize option on the top left side of the screen. Click on that, then click on Layout and Show Menu Bar as well.
- Now, the Menu bar will appear on your screen. Go to View and then on Skin Chooser
- Now choose your desired skin after viewing the preview on the right side.
*Windows Media Player Skins are no longer available on microsoft.com. But you can also download some mind-blowing cool skins by surfing the Skins Factory and www.Wondershare.com websites.
If you recently upgrade to Windows10, You will be surprised to find out that it won’t play your DVD automatically like it uses to be before the update. Microsoft Windows 10 has made an application called Windows DVD Player which is available on their app store but noticeably this app is not free!
Don’t be upset! Since we have all the best suitable solutions in WindowsEver Guides so that too will be free of cost. You don’t need to worry about that.
Here we have a Third Party Media player software which is called VLC Media Player. The VLC media player in Windows 10, supports all audio and video file formats, including DVD-Videos and Video CD.
Recommended: How To Use Dynamic Lock In Windows 10?
Microsoft never fails to amaze us with its latest upgraded features. All the time they thrill us by their surprising cool new features. Although sometimes it becomes a bit difficult to understand the latest features properly. For this, WindowsEver Guides are always here to make you updated with all Windows 10 updates and latest upgradations.
If you successfully get help with Windows Media Player in Windows 10, Please share this tutorial with your family and friends, Also share it in all your social media accounts like Facebook, Insta, Linkedin, etc.
Thanks for reading.